Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Inspirational Quotes from Stephen King

While procrastinating yesterday, I came across two interesting quote by Stephen King. He is one of two of my favorite authors in the way he writes. Here is the first:

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work." [Goodreads

This particular quote spoke to me instantly, because it made me realize that it was exactly what I was doing. In fact, if you read yesterday's post about being stuck in a rut, I would literally just wait for something to happen.

But when I read it, it lit a fire under my arse, and I got to it. End result? Another 2K words nailed. So, inevitably, I did reach my goal.

However, my work does not always feel its best. In reality, while I felt like I had accomplished nothing yesterday, I then came across this quote as well:

"Running a close second [as a writing lesson] was the realization that stopping a piece of work just because it's hard, either emotionally or imaginatively, is a bad idea. Sometimes you have to go on when you don't feel like it, and sometimes you're doing good work when it feels like all you're managing is to shovel s**t from a sitting position."
Wow. If I've ever needed a boost (even crudely!) this was it. So I must get back to work, and I hope these quotes inspire you (one person that accidentally ends up here).

Keep on tickin'.

#BONUS POINTS!# What's you're favorite inspirational quote?

0 comments:

Post a Comment