This Blog has Moved

Dear Reader,

While still fully functional (I hope) this blog has moved here. please be sure to visit the newer, updated site, in this blog's stead. Thanks!

-=- Click Here to Visit the New Typist Chronicles -=-

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Inspirational Quotes from Stephen King

While procrastinating yesterday, I came across two interesting quote by Stephen King. He is one of two of my favorite authors in the way he writes. Here is the first:

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work." [Goodreads

This particular quote spoke to me instantly, because it made me realize that it was exactly what I was doing. In fact, if you read yesterday's post about being stuck in a rut, I would literally just wait for something to happen.

But when I read it, it lit a fire under my arse, and I got to it. End result? Another 2K words nailed. So, inevitably, I did reach my goal.

However, my work does not always feel its best. In reality, while I felt like I had accomplished nothing yesterday, I then came across this quote as well:

"Running a close second [as a writing lesson] was the realization that stopping a piece of work just because it's hard, either emotionally or imaginatively, is a bad idea. Sometimes you have to go on when you don't feel like it, and sometimes you're doing good work when it feels like all you're managing is to shovel s**t from a sitting position."
Wow. If I've ever needed a boost (even crudely!) this was it. So I must get back to work, and I hope these quotes inspire you (one person that accidentally ends up here).

Keep on tickin'.

#BONUS POINTS!# What's you're favorite inspirational quote?

0 comments:

Post a Comment